Who can resist a luxurious dessert filled with warm oozy chocolate? This dark chocolate recipe is not only easy to make, it also tastes divine!
(Makes three 4-oz ramekins)
56g unsalted butter
56g Belgian 70% dark chocolate
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
2 tbsp plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees.
2. Butter ramekins generously and coat with some flour.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water at low heat.
4. Beat together eggs, sugar, espresso and vanilla using a mixer until thick ribbons form, about 3 minutes.
5. Fold in flour, and when all are smoothly combined, scrape in cooled chocolate, blending to a smooth batter.
6. Divide batter evenly between the ramekins (they should be slightly more than three-quarters full).
7. Bake for 8-9 minutes until the tops of the cakes look well done (matte appearance).
8. Remove from oven and wait for a minute before tipping them out onto plates.
9. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.