If you love a dense fudge brownie with a moist crumb, this is the brownie for you! We added some premium cocoa nibs for a healthy antioxidant boost and subtle texture to the brownie. Chocolate chips are optional but can be added for an extra chocolatey flavour. We hope you enjoy this recipe!
140 grams unsalted butter
200 grams granulated sugar
65 grams Royal Dutch Cocoa Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
65 grams all purpose flour
40 grams Premium Cocoa Nibs
30 grams Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl and set the bowl over a bain-marie.
4. Stir occasionally until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth and hot. Do not overcook the mixture. It will look grainy at this point but it's normal.
5. Set the bowl aside briefly until the mixture is only warm, not hot.
6. Stir in the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one.
7. When the batter looks thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer, then beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
8. Stir in the cocoa nibs and/or chocolate chips. Spread evenly in the lined pan.
9. Bake between 25 to 28 minutes. Test with a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownie. It should be slightly moist with batter.
10. Cool completely on a rack.
11. Transfer brownies to a cutting board and cut into squares.
12. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days at room temperature. Freeze for longer storage.